Many churches have large lead roofs, some of which can date back to the 12th Century. Such roofs need special care when repairing and restoring.
Church Roof Repair & Renovation.
EG Swingler has vast experience in the repair and renovation of church roofs. Our first church roof repair was in Northamptonshire in 1964! We regularly work with conservation officers and architects to ensure any repairs are correct as church roofs can be complex. Many of our tradesmen have been roofing for over 30 years and have traditional skills and techniques. Church roofs have a lot historical materials in them such as cast lead, stone tiles, old slates and ancient woodwork. All repairs and renovations working with these materials must be sympathetic.
We provide the following services –
• Lead repair and replacement.
• Gutter relining.
• Rainwater goods maintenance.
• Ridge tile repair.
• Emergency call outs for storm and theft repair.
• Moss removal and treatment.
• Repair of broken, loose and perished eaves, fascia boards and soffits.
• Repair of loose and missing flashings, creasings and flaunchings.
• Lime mortar repairs to roofing.
• Timber repairs.
• All high level works.
The nature of churches is that they are prone to storm damage and more recently lead theft. We provide an emergency response whenever you have a roofing problem. Churches can contain irreplaceable artefacts and materials. So it is important to make urgent repairs should they happen. If you need a competitive quotation for your church repairs or urgent help, please contact us via our contact form or call us on 01604 833500.
All materials must match with the existing fabric of the building. When repairing and renovating we save and reuse as much of the original fabric as possible.
Get in touch
To arrange a free, no obligation quote
Why choose EG Swingler roofing?
• The largest roofing contractor in Northamptonshire.
• Established over 50 years
• Family business
• Trained and experienced staff
• New builds
• Period building specialists
• Stocks of new and reclaimed materials
• Turnkey solutions
• Free quotations and friendly advice
• Public Liability insurance
• Health and Safety Compliance
What our clients say
The lead roof on our church was stolen overnight. Jamie and the team were able to supply tarpaulins until they could re lead the entire roof. Great job thank you.